NWES Meeting: 17 June 2016
Posted by Guest Author on 13 June, 2016
THE NORTH WEST ENDOCRINE SOCIETY
announces its next meeting
FRIDAY 17th June 2016
VENUE: Mayo Building, Salford Royal Hospital, Stott Lane, Salford
|13.00-13.30||WELCOME AND LUNCH|
|PITUITARY SYMPOSIUM||CHAIR: Professor Steve Ball, Manchester Royal Infirmary|
|13.30-14.00||Recent advances in pituitary pathology||Professor Federico Roncaroli, University of Manchester|
|14.00-14.20||Management of fertility issues in pituitary patients||Dr Cheryl Fitzgerald, St Marys Hospital, Manchester|
|14.20-14.40||Transitional care in patients with pituitary disease||Dr Helena Gleeson, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust|
|EXPERT GUIDE TO…………||CHAIR: Dr Dan Cuthbertson|
|14.45-15.05||Congenital hypogonadotropic hypogonadism||Dr Richard Quinton, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust|
|15.05-15.25||Thyroid eye disease||Dr Anne Cook, Manchester Royal Eye Hospital|
|15.25-15.45||Weight management||Dr Lucinda Summers, Salford Royal Foundation Trust|
|16.05-17.05||Clinical Case Presentations||Panel: Professor Steve Ball, Dr Richard Quinton|
|17.05||Close of meeting|
Approved by Federation of the Royal College of Physicians (UK) for 5 Category 1 (external) CPD credits
Sponsors for meeting: Menarini; Pfizer; Strongbridge Biopharma
- NWES members – FREE
- Annual membership of the NWES £10 per annum
- Delegates can join the NWES on the day by completing a standing order mandate (please bring along bank details), with first payment of £10 on the day by cash or cheque (payable to North West Endocrine Society).
- All other delegates- registration fee of £20 must be paid on the day.
- Delegates are invited to submit abstracts for presentation at the meeting. These may be reports of clinical cases, particularly where there were diagnostic or management issues lending themselves to discussion during the meeting, or clinical research. You may submit abstracts that have been submitted recently to other national/international meetings. A prize will be awarded for the best presentation.
- Abstracts should be submitted electronically to the NWES Secretary, Dr Adam Robinson. The abstract should not exceed 300 words (excluding title, author names and institutions).
- The deadline for abstract submission is 5pm on 16th May 2016. Authors will be informed of the outcome of their submission by email.
The NWES Committee
Dr Tara Kearney (Chair)
Dr Adam Robinson (Secretary)
Dr Annice Mukherjee (Treasurer)
Mr Iain Anderson
Dr Dan Cuthbertson
Miss Helen Doran
Mr Kanna Gnanalingham
Dr Claire Higham
Dr Kalpana Kaushal